Your resource for

Plates & permits

State Permits

Mileage permits are one of the most common permits needed for the states of Kentucky, New Mexico, New York and Oregon. Each state has unique requirements for when a permit should be purchased as well as how long they are considered valid.

Looking for a state permit in Kentucky, New Mexico, New York or Oregon?
Here's a list of everything you will need.

Obtaining State Permits

  • -

    Company name

  • -

    Owner's name (first and last)

  • -


  • -

    Phone number

  • -


  • -

    DOT / MC #

  • -

    FEIN # (Taxpayer ID #)

  • -

    Permit needed

  • -

    Copy of current registration for each truck that needs to be added

  • -

    Payment information

New York

New York requires all trucks over 18,000 pounds to renew permits every three years.

New Mexico

New Mexico requires all trucks over 26,000 pounds to renew permits annually.


Kentucky requires all trucks over 59,999 pounds to purchase permits only once without ever having to be renewed. If there are any changes to your inventory, this form must be updated.


Oregon requires all trucks over 26,000 pounds to purchase permits with a bond. While carriers who frequent Oregon will want to apply for a permanent pass, one-time passes are also offered. If you're interested in a temporary pass, please click the appropriate button below.

How else can we help?

Give us a call anytime and we'll get you squared away.